Join us in participating in our next Make A Blanket Day on October 8,2016. It will be at the Westfield Valencia Town Center from 10am-9pm. We encourage you to invite all your friends and family to come experience this fun-filled day.
Sign up for our event here:
If you are a student, share your school spirit by repping your school’s clothing! We love seeing our local helpers at our events.
ALSO, We are happy to announce that MENCHIE’S has decided to team up with us for Make A Blanket Day! A portion of the proceeds will be donated to our chapter:)
To Participate in the event: Please read all directions and use the link at the end to sign up for the event so that we can prepare for the most comfortable experience for everyone.
- Children and Adults are all welcome. Children under the age of 10 may struggle to participate
- Children under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult and must sign this insurance waiver in order to participate. Please bring signed waiver with you.
- We ask that all participants sign this photo release form and bring it with them so we can share the success of our event.
- If you crochet or sew, you must bring your own supplies and machines. If you want to make no-sew fleece, please bring a 54″ x 45″ of fleece (a yard and a half cut off of a bolt) with you. DO NOT CUT THE FLEECE INTO SMALLER PIECES! You need one piece for each shift you plan to serve.
- You may sign up for as many shifts as you feel you can work. If you need service hours, please bring your service hour form with you. We cannot go back and sign service hour logs after the event has closed.
- Please check in at the table in front of Sears lower level next to Red Robin. We will then help you find space to work.
- We will be doing a fundraiser with Panda Express(food court) on that day. So make sure to go and support Project Linus.
- Please bring fleece and we will supply you with everything else!
If you are unable to participate in this year’s event directly, but you are interested in helping, the following will directly benefit our organization:
- please bring a piece of fleece 54″ x 45″ (a yard and a half off of the bolt) We HIGHLY recommend Joann Fabric as they are wonderful supporters of ours. Please tell them Project Linus sent you. We are in need of fleece at the moment.
- Cash or check donations are always welcome. Please make checks out to Project Linus and bring them to the check-in table that day, or send them to the address on our donations page
- Go online to Project Linus National Headquarters and make an online donation to our chapter (BE SURE TO LIST SANTA CLARITA VALLEY / SYLMAR CHAPTER OR ELSE WE MAY NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THE FUNDS). Sharon Garvar Chapter Coordinator
- Make a purchase from our Amazon wish list and send it to us (address in wish list)
- Send a Jo-Ann gift card to our chapter address.
Please feel free to contact us with questions, comments, or concerns 🙂
Once again, please bring fleece. For further information, check out our blanket guidelines tab.
See you there!