The Santa Clarita Valley / Antelope Valley / Sylmar chapter began with one blanket that my son received in 2010 when he was fighting pneumonia in the NICU. That blanket comforted not only my son, but me as well. I vowed to return this same gesture as often as I could. I brought Project Linus to the high school where I work, Academy of the Canyons. When I told students what I wanted to do, the response was overwhelming. In three months we donated 110 blankets back to the Los Angeles chapter where my son’s blanket originated from. As we continued to make blankets, my students and I wanted to open a chapter in the Santa Clarita Valley. In February 2013, that dream became a reality. Thank you for joining our cause to bring hope and comfort to children and families all over Santa Clarita.
The Santa Clarita Valley has Project Linus clubs at
- Academy of the Canyons Middle College High School – Sharon Garvar
- Hart at Home – Tammy Werth
- Hart High School- Ruth Shryock
- Rancho Pico Junior High School – Ruth Flohr
- Rio Norte Junior High School – Melinda Moore
- Valencia- Jeff Gilkey
- West Ranch High School – Laura Solarez
If you would like your school to have a Project Linus club. Contact Sharon Garvar at: SantaClarita.CA@projectlinus.org or call (818) 648-3835.