We are happy to welcome Koinonia Family Services Palmdale and Santa Clarita and the Department of Child and Family Services Palmdale and Lancaster to our beneficiaries list! As a result of all of these beautiful additions, we are now officially titled :
Santa Clarita Valley / Antelope Valley/ Sylmar, Los Angeles County, CA
As a result, we are going to need more blankets as we have nearly distributed all of the blankets from last month’s Make a Blanket Day! Stay posted for the release of our upcoming “Military Children” campaign which will comfort children of fallen soldiers as well as comforting children who are separated from a loved one due to military service. Thank you all for everything you do!
The SCV chapter of Project Linus would like to welcome The Lake Elizabeth camp of The Painted Turtle to the Pl beneficiary family. Thank you to all of our dedicated blanketeers who have brought 603 children hope and comfort in just one year!
Please join us as we welcome all community members for our first ever Make a Blanket Day on Saturday, February 15th from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm. It will also be our chapter’s 1st birthday! We are so grateful for anyone who participates in our chapter function. Without you, none of this would be possible. Scroll down to sign up for this event.
If you cannot participate in the Blanket Making Event directly, but you want to help, these will directly benefit our cause:
- please bring a piece of fleece 54″ x 45″ (a yard and a half off of the bolt) We HIGHLY recommend Joann Fabric as they are wonderful supporters of ours. Please tell them Project Linus sent you. We are in need of fleece at the moment.
- Dine at any of the vendor restaurants that are offering 15% – 20% of the profits we bring in on that day back to us. For list of vendors, click on this link: MaBposter2. New addition to vendor list: Chick-fil-a
- Cash or check donations are always welcome. Please make checks out to Project Linus and bring them to the check-in table that day, or send them to the address on our donations page
- Go online to Project Linus National Headquarters and make an online donation to our chapter (BE SURE TO LIST SANTA CLARITA VALLEY / SYLMAR CHAPTER OR ELSE WE MAY NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THE FUNDS). Sharon Garvar Chapter Coordinator
- Make a purchase from our Amazon wish list and send it to us (address in wish list)
- Send a Jo-Ann gift card to our chapter address.
To Participate in the event: Please read all directions and use the link at the end to sign up for the event so that we can prepare for the most comfortable experience for everyone.
- Children and Adults are all welcome. Children under the age of 10 may struggle to participate
- Children under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult and must sign this insurance waiver in order to participate. Please bring signed waiver with you.
- We ask that all participants sign this photo release form and bring it with them so we can share the success of our event.
- If you crochet or sew, you must bring your own supplies and machines. If you want to make no-sew fleece, please bring a 54″ x 45″ of fleece (a yard and a half cut off of a bolt) with you. DO NOT CUT THE FLEECE INTO SMALLER PIECES! You need one piece for each shift you plan to serve. We will have some additional fleece, but very little. If you would like to donate additional fleece we would be EXTREMELY grateful. Our funds are currently low.
- We will have some scissors for the event, but supplies are limited. Those who reserve the scissors via the digital form below will be given priority. If you would like to bring your own, please make sure they are brand new preferably in the package (new office scissors are fine). Scissors that have cut paper or are old will tear and destroy the fleece.
- We will have several food vendors who will be offering us 15% – 20% of their food profits that day. If you would like to participate, please bring a flier. We will have additional fliers at the check in.
- Please fill out this form to reserve a space for the workshop. You may sign up for as many shifts as you feel you can work. If you need service hours, please bring your service hour form with you. We cannot go back and sign service hour logs after the event has closed.
- Please check in at the table in front of Sears lower level next to Red Robin. We will then help you find space to work.
To sign up for this event click here.
Project Linus Santa Clarita Valley / Sylmar chapter would like to send our condolences and support to the children and families of Leona Cox Community Elmentary School. We hope our gift offers you some comfort during this difficult time.
Thank you to all who have donated time and money to our mission to bring comfort to children in the Santa Clarita Valley. Last week we added on the Olive View UCLA Medical Center and the Department of Children and Family Services in Santa Clarita! By adding these two beneficiaries, we have surpassed donating 200 blankets to the suffering children in our area! Thank you so much for your help and support!
In April, we made our first donations to the SCV Domestic Violence Center and Family Promise. We also proudly sent 10 blankets to the Arlington, VA TAPS camp during Memorial day week. www.taps.org Thank you to everyone for your help in these projects. Currently, we are working on supplying blankets to the Camp Pendleton TAPS camp during the beginning of June. They prefer red/white/and blue blankets or military fleece. Please no American flag blankets. We will be collecting these throughout the month of May and delivering them in June.
Yarn Drive – Currently, we are having a yarn drive to help provide supplies to our senior citizen community that would like to participate, but lack the means for mobility or the financial resources to purchase their own supplies. We also have students that would like to participate, but struggle with the same obstacles. We need new skeins, but gladly welcome partial skeins. 100% acrylic yarns only please. Thank you.
If you are interested in learning more about the Santa Clarita Valley / Sylmar chapter, please feel free to visit the Open House of Academy of the Canyons Middle College High School on Thursday, March 14 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm. We are located in the Dianne Van Hook University Center on the first floor west. Meet chapter coordinator, Sharon Garvar along with enthusiastic PL@AOC student staff.